Outside Sales Territory Manager
Motor Technology, Inc., a national leader in providing superior quality and value in electro-mechanical repairs and services to our customers, is seeking an enthusiastic and focused Outside Sales Territory Manager to manage the relationship between MTI and the manager’s assigned group of customers or territories. Since 1981, we have been an integral part of keeping national industries up and running smoothly and efficiently. We are a family-owned company that builds, services, and sells industrial motors, controls, gearboxes, and related driven equipment for advanced electric motor systems. Our Outside Sales Territory Managers achieve sales and profit objectives through a consultative selling approach and through leveraging existing relationships to grow and expand sales and market penetration.
- Develop, manage, and grow intimate, customer-centric relationships with customers across the territory. Leverage full mastery of the territory sales management role and model the required technical and commercial competencies required to build strong customer relationships.
- Create and execute a robust business plan each year.
- Interface with key cross-functional areas such as Shop, Estimating, and Inside Sales to ensure those customer requirements are met.
- Develop and solicit business from new accounts.
- Customer project management.
- Target key accounts and penetrate them.
- Increase the territory and account revenues.
- Plan and organize daily work schedule to call on existing and prospective accounts.
- Master product information/application knowledge through training and personal efforts.
- Develop effective sales presentations tailored uniquely to each account.
- Have an organized selling system with excellent follow-up capability.
- Keep management informed through the CRM system.
- Manage opportunity list and grow the prospect list.
- Other duties as needed.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, problem-solve, meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and organization, set goals, work as part of a team, and interact with all levels of customers and internal support teams.
- At least five (5) years Electro-Mechanical sales experience, which included customer service, and inbound/outbound customer sales and contacts.
- Knowledge or familiarity of the electric motor and industrial gearbox industries, including product mix, service offerings, and external market/customers.
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software) and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and/or generate sales potentials and leads.
- Ability to successfully present and close sales opportunities.
- Ability to understand technical specifications or information (engineering specifications, mechanical specifications, etc.).
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive/travel to customer locations.
- Prefer prior experience working in or selling for a motor shop service or motor shop sales environment.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- Benefits, including:
- Health insurance
- Vision and Dental
- 401k with excellent matching contribution
- Life Insurance
- Paid time off
Motor Technology, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunities for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Motor Technology, Inc. to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to an actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License (Required)