3rd Shift Electric Motor Mechanic Apprentice
Motor Technology, Inc., a national leader in providing superior quality and value in electro-mechanical repairs and services to our customers, is seeking a 3rd shift Electric Motor Mechanic Apprentice for our shop. Since 1981, we have been integral in keeping national industries up and running smoothly and efficiently. We are a family-owned company that builds, services, and sells industrial motors, controls, gearboxes, and related driven equipment for advanced electric motor systems. In addition, our Mechanics are responsible for performing repairs on various kinds of electromechanical equipment. Our Mechanic Apprentices are part of a 5-year program in which they gain valuable hands-on experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain skill-related training and operational and safety procedures
- Good computer skills
- Ability to provide and purchase necessary tools and toolbox
- Completion of a trade or technical program preferred, but not required
Responsibilities to be learned:
- Read job cards to determine job status, work authorizations/limitations, estimate, description of problems, and/or expected serviceability.
- Test electro-mechanical equipment to troubleshoot known or suspected problems using various methods (AC or DC).
- Disassemble electromechanical equipment noting parts identification, configuration, and condition.
- Clean electro-mechanical equipment assemblies as needed using various methods and steps, including, but not limited to: parts washers, steamers, caustic tank, glass beaders, etc.
- Measure for or note the proper placement of parts. Correctly requisition needed parts.
- Replace or repair worn or defective mechanical or electromechanical assemblies, including, but not limited to: bearings, brushes, brush holders, motor leads, gears, seals, impellers, mechanical switches, brakes, clutches, clutch rotors, tachs, fans, end shields, etc.
- Retest reassembled electromechanical equipment for proper output and operation.
- Complete required forms on a computer system for each job accurately.
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment and other equipment as needed.
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear.
- Lift (using a forklift or overhead crane), tighten, adjust and/or secure heavy objects to perform work duties.
- Perform other duties as required.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Full benefits including 401k with excellent matching contribution, health insurance, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
Motor Technology, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. Accordingly, it is the policy of Motor Technology, Inc. to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to an actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)